- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Basic certification as a Georgia Peace Officer or eligible to become mandated.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Not have been convicted by any state or by the federal government of any crime the punishment for which could have been imprisonment in the federal or state prison or institution nor have been convicted of enough misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law
- Undergo a background investigation
- Successfully complete Asset or Compass Test. This exam must be completed prior to enrolling in any Basic Law Enforcement Course. Candidates who do not pass the entrance exam will be ineligible to retake the exam for a period of 30 days after an unsuccessful attempt
- Complete a GA POST Application
- Be fingerprinted to determine the existence of a criminal record
- Undergo a physical examination by a licensed physician to determine any physical, emotional or mental conditions that may adversely affect the ability to exercise the powers or duties of a peace officer
- Not serving on any type of probation at the time of this job ad posting
- Be interviewed
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/Credit Check/Polygraph Test/Background Investigation/Psychological Examination and MVR.
Salary: $43,958.02 annually ($20.13) hourly plus full benefits package
Resumes may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not be considered.
“The recruitment, selection, appointment and promotion of employees shall be in such a manner as to promote equal employment for all persons without regard to race, age, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, physical handicap or political affiliation.”