The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Dunwoody Police Department is currently accepting applications for a Prisoner Transport Officer.
This position is responsible for transporting prisoners from the arrest site to the DeKalb County jail and from the DeKalb County jail to the City of Dunwoody Municipal Court and other assigned locations as needed. This position will also provide administrative support to the police department clerical staff as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Picks up and transports prisoners to and from DeKalb County jail, other City/County jails, or City of Dunwoody Municipal Court as assigned.
• Transports prisoners from jail facility to doctor/hospital as assigned. Also obtains and files prisoners’ medical records as assigned.
• Transports prisoners to and from jail facilities to City facilities for building and grounds maintenance as assigned.
• Provides clerical support to police administration as assigned. Duties include:
• Taking “walk-in” reports from citizens and process as required.
• Completing all prisoner intake paperwork.
• Providing assistance in filing and retrieving police records as assigned.
• Assists Fleet Manager with fleet maintenance and associated equipment maintenance.
• Assists with maintenance of departmental equipment, excluding firearms.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
Education and/or Experience
a) High School graduate or GED and at least 18 years of age at time of hire. Prefer related military or law enforcement/corrections experience.
b) Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License (Class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
c) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
Salary Range: $32,198 - $51,518
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Fitness Center Membership
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.