- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, criminal and traffic codes, search and seizure laws, City ordinances, and Department policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of traffic investigation techniques and procedures;
- Knowledge of the geography and streets of the City;
- Knowledge of the court system and judicial procedures related to canine operations
- Knowledge of first-aid and CPR techniques;
- Knowledge of the court system and judicial procedures;
- Skilled in operating police vehicles, firearms, emergency equipment, and other standard and specialized law enforcement equipment;
- Skilled in interrogation and interviewing techniques;
- Skilled in restraining persons without causing physical harm;
- Skilled in using computers for word processing and/or accounting purposes;
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Act;
- Ability to analyze situations and to adopt quick, effective, and reasonable courses of action based on surrounding hazards and circumstances;
- Ability to carry duty belt, other weapons, and evidence equipment and sometimes lifting and/or carrying of tires and debris, or of individuals in a rescue effort;
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others; and
- Ability to cooperate with fellow employees as a team member.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The City of Statesboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Statesboro will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with eligible disabilities (unless the disability precludes performance of the essential functions of the position).
The City of Statesboro is a drug free workplace.
The City of Statesboro participates in E-Verify.