If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email email@example.com
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Department of Transportation - Traffic Operations
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
This classification performs technical traffic and transportation responsibilities. The incumbent reports to the Traffic Operations Division Manager and oversees the signing and marking and traffic engineering service units. Under general supervision, performs traffic engineering work organizing and directing County traffic engineering studies and services. Work includes but is not limited to responding to citizens’ concerns and requests for service and assistance. The position is responsible for field data collection, reviewing and analyzing plans, report writing, coordinating with field supervisors, and ensuring compliance with GDOT and MUTCD. The candidate must be experienced with traffic engineering design/operations concepts and literature and with leading employees in an effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major field of study in civil engineering, transportation, or related discipline
- Certification as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or capable of obtaining certification within two years
- Highly preferred – Possess and maintain a State of Georgia Professional License as a Registered Professional Engineer
- Minimum of five years professional related work experience to include:
- Minimum three years of which were performed in a supervisory capacity
- Preferred – two or more years which were served in public DOT
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division in order to direct and coordinate work within the division
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to answer questions and resolve problems usually associated with three years’ experience or service
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
$60,761.79 - $67,069.60 annual ($29.21 - $32.24 hourly) based on qualifications, plus full benefits package
Résumés may be attached, but a résumé without a completed application will not