Position: Deputy Sheriff – Civil, Warrants, & Courts Closing Date: Continuous
Department: Sheriff’s Department Posting Date: 01/09/2018
Salary: $13.90 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position participates in the service of court orders and the provision of court security.
- Serves civil papers.
- Provides courtroom security.
- Directs school traffic.
- Serves warrants and makes arrests.
- Performs security checks on persons entering the court house.
- Works on task forces and teams as assigned.
- Completes required reports.
- Responds to emergency incidents.
- Prepares a variety of regular and special reports.
- Performs related duties.
Habersham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
: All applicants must complete the Habersham County Sheriff’s Office employment application included in this posting. You can submit the completed application and supporting documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. An application and a detailed job description can also be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building (Located on the 1st
floor in the Old Courthouse), 555 Monroe Street, Clarkesville, GA 30523 or downloaded from our website www.habershamga.com
. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.