This position is responsible for the maintenance of order, protection of life and property and operation of court security functions of the Sheriff's Office. The incumbent may be assigned temporarily to a specialty area within the Sheriff’s Office based on needs. As a Bailiff you will attend all sessions of applicable court. Provide security function to include safety of court personnel and attendees. Escort jury members, witnesses and court officers as needed. Serve subpoenas, summonses and civil papers. Execute warrants. Transport prisoners and individuals in custody. At judges direction conduct the internal business of the court.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be a Certified Peace Officer under regulations of Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.);
- Must not be under NCSO disciplinary reckoning period;
- Candidate shall not be under an active P.O.S.T investigation;
- Candidate shall not be under an active NCSO investigation;
- Must have a current Georgia driver’s license;
Work is performed in a variety of courtroom and office settings, including a secured detention facility and may require exposure to dangerous and life-threatening situations. Must be willing to carry a firearm on; mentally and physically capable of taking the life of another, if justified; willing to work any hour of the day, overtime, and weekends; work at any building under Court Services control and travel on specific assignments; and comply with the Sheriff’s Office grooming standards and wear a uniform.