$10.00 per hour
January 19, 2018
Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Camp Director, this position is to monitor and lead children through the day-to-day operation of camp, including set up and clean-up of equipment and supplies for camp activities. Candidates must be effective communicators with children and adults with the ability to transition groups of children effectively.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs duties associated with summer camp including supervising assigned campers, preventing accidents by enforcing camp policies and rules, and communicating policies and rules to campers.
- Leads and instructs games, crafts, and activities appropriate to assigned group of campers and as directed by supervisor; participates in planning and implementing activities as directed by supervisor.
- Assists in coordinating the logistical set-up and clean-up of camp.
- Handles medical and safety emergencies per the procedures noted in the camp staff manual and during in-service training; completes reports including accident/incident reports as needed.
- Participates in in-service training as required; participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Organizes and maintains all equipment and supplies; performs regular visual inspections of camp equipment; notifies supervisor of defective equipment.
- Recommends and participates in parent conferences when necessary and maintains positive relationships with parents, campers, and staff.
- Performs related work as required.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Previous experience in a camp environment preferred.
- Must possess or acquire the following certifications: Standard First Aid and CPR/AED (American Heart Association or American Red Cross). City of Smyrna will provide First Aid and CPR/AED training to selected applicants. Certifications must be valid through employment period.
- Must be available all weeks of camp, training and post-camp.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *