This position will provide Citywide economic and community development in support of business attraction, tourism, expansion, retention, marketing and economic research activities; recommend action and assist in policy, procedure, work methods and budget development and implementation related to economic growth and development. Serves as the primary liaison between the City and downtown businesses and organizations.
- Oversee staff and volunteers of the Columbia Theatre Downtown Museum/Visitors Center.
- Participate in the analysis, review, and implementation of economic and community development activities to enhance and promote City-wide economic development, support business attraction, expansion, retention and economic research.
- Meet with business representatives and community officials to assist in determining needs for overall growth and development of plans, support activities, and programs.
- Act as a point of contact for business and property owners to discuss issues regarding economic development, business vitality, and development processing.
- Provide information and services to businesses and communities concerning issues such as financial analysis, impact, planning, development, resources and/or issues.
- Provides logistic support for the Oliver Hardy Festival and assists in annual planning.
- Assists in coordinating community events that focus or impact the downtown area.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Relative Field
- Three to five years of experience in a similar role
- Main Street Manager Credentials, Tourism Certifications
- Successful track record of planning and executing community events
- These Preferred Qualifications may be fulfilled by demonstration of other
skills in a similar position.
The salary range for this position is: $31,614.48 to $48,106.17 based upon qualifications. The City offers health insurance, retirmement in addition to other beniefits.
The deadline to apply shall be Friday, February 22 by 5:00PM.
Applications can be mailed to:
Debra Moore, City Clerk
P.O Box 99
320 North Louisville St.
Harlem, GA 30814
Additional questions can be emailed to;
David D. Jenkins, Director of Community Development: firstname.lastname@example.org