This position will provide administrative support to the permitting, planning, and sanitation functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible administrative work
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Intake of permit applications. Includes reviewing applications for accuracy, entering applicant information into permitting system, and processing payments.
- Responds to phone inquiries and walk-ins on permitting process.
- Maintains filing system for permitting documents.
- Scheduling of building inspections.
- Assisting in the development of an archival system for the department.
- Responds to residential and commercial sanitation service requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills Required by the Position:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the department's rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of office administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Stress management and time management.
- Ability to learn the use of permitting software.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the general public.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, ability to accurately record and transfer data from one source to another. and to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently.
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Director of Planning, Zoning, and Economic Development.
The work is typically performed with the employee sedentary. The employee uses tools or equipment requiring dexterity.
The work is typically performed in an office setting.