Immediate need to fill 2 positions
This position supervises and participates in the maintenance of city parks, trees, buildings and grounds.
- Assists in cutting grass, trimming trees, maintaining playground equipment, and cleaning and maintaining rental facilities.
- Participates in the maintenance of city buildings.
- Participates in the maintenance of city parks and grounds.
- Provides support for city events.
- Delivers and sets up portable stage.
- Assists in the maintenance of department vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance principles and practices,
- Knowledge of building maintenance principles and practices.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Knowledge of equipment operations guidelines.
- Skill in the use of a variety of building and grounds maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Skill in the repair and maintenance of a variety of tools and equipment.
The Parks & Tree Director or Parks & Tree Supervisor assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the employee handbook, safe work practices, and equipment operating instructions. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related building and grounds maintenance duties. Inclement weather contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to participate in the maintenance city parks, trees, buildings and grounds. Success in this position contributes to the provision of a safe and well maintained environment for city employees, residents and visitors.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, contractors, electricians, plumbers, arborists, community service workers, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, provide services, and resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching or walking. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically performed in an office and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, and irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The City of Richmond Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Richmond Hill will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with eligible disabilities (unless the disability precludes performance of the essential functions of the position).
The City of Richmond Hill is a drug free workplace.
The City of Richmond Hill participates in E-Verify.