CHIEF OF POLICE
City of Dalton, Georgia
The City of Dalton is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Chief. Minimum qualifications:
- Must be a sworn Police Officer;
- Must have at least 12 total years of law enforcement experience showing increasing responsibility, supervision and rank progression (in a municipality or similar agency);
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in criminal justice or related field (Master’s preferred);
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
It is desirable for applicants to have successfully completed executive or advanced training in the law enforcement and management field including but not limited to; FBI National Academy; Senior Management Institute for Policing; GA Law Enforcement Command College; P.O.S.T. Management Training, and other similar courses. If not currently certified in Georgia, must achieve certification as required under the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council.
Interested Applicants should submit a Letter of Interest, along with the following items to the Human Resources Director at Dalton City Hall:
- A current Application and Resume;
- A written summary of your skills, qualifications, experience and education which would make you an ideal candidate to be the next Dalton Police Chief;
- Other supporting documents that you deem important to the selection process.
Minimum starting salary is $90,000.00 annually.
All of the applicant’s documents, as outline above, must be received by 12 noon, February 15, 2018. Please apply online at www.cityofdalton-ga.gov
. Supporting documents may be sent by mail to:
Greg Batts Greg Batts
City of Dalton – PC City of Dalton - PC
P.O. Box 1205 300 W. Waugh St.
Dalton , GA 30722 Dalton, GA 30720
Questions regarding the application requirements should be directed to Human Resources Director Greg Batts by email at email@example.com
, or by phone at 706-281-1267.