||Human Resources Director
|Annual Minimum Salary:
||Open Until Filled
The City of Valdosta, Georgia is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources Director. Reporting to the City Manager, this position is responsible for the overall management and strategic planning of the human resources function in the areas of policy development, recruitment, benefits, compensation systems, training, and grievance resolution. The position also oversees the risk management function to include safety compliance, workers compensation administration and general liability claims resolution. Assists in the management of a self-insured health plan to include coordination and supervision of an employee health clinic and associated wellness programs. Conducts research, requests for proposals and presents major policy matters to City Council. Conducts research to evaluate and enhance the city's human resources functions; formulates recommendations and provides advisement for improvement. Establishes division priorities, goals and objectives; collaborates and consults with the City Manager to evaluate staffing levels and organizational structure. Develops and implements systems for reviewing policies, procedures, efficiency and effectiveness and to ensure city compliance with human resources regulatory standards. Prepares and manages departmental operating, capital and supplemental budgets; monitors budget activity to ensure the proper use and allocation of department funds. Provides leadership and guidance to the payroll and benefits functions of the city government. Provides controllership for the total annual labor and benefit expense. Researches, interprets, and applies federal, state and city ordinances and regulations. Administers and updates the city’s compensation plan; determines best options in consultation with city leadership.
- Knowledge of human resources management principles, practices and procedures including those related to benefits management, employee compensation, performance management, and employee and labor relations, principles and practices of public administration, budgeting and accounting principles, structure, functions and operations of city departments, computers and job-related software programs
- Skills in management and supervision, problem solving, mediating and resolving disputes, interpersonal relations, prioritizing and planning, oral and written communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR/SPHR or CP certification is preferred
- Must have at least three to five years of related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to Berna Hepburn at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.