Reporting to the Information Services Director, this position is responsible for providing GIS Analysis and Support to the Bartow County operating departments.
$42,994.00 to $47,486.00/Annually
January 31, 2018 through February 15, 2018
to Bartow County HR via email to email@example.com
or via mail to Bartow County Human Resources, 135 West Cherokee Avenue, Ste. 256, Cartersville, GA 30120.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Works with other County departments to provide GIS analysis, solutions and respond to data needs.
- Serves as a point of contact for GIS vendors and contractors.
- Develops, edits, maintains and updates geo-databases, data sets, and feature classes.
- Responds to and creates invoices for data requests as needed.
- Creates high-quality cartographic output suitable for publication and public display for other departments and for sale to the public.
- Provides structural numbering for new subdivisions, commercial buildings and individual properties; sends official notifications.
- Uploads, downloads and converts data from internal and external sources.
- Assists in providing GIS training to county staff.
- Installs GIS software updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of GIS principles and practices.
- Knowledge of GIS hardware and software, including ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- Skill in the analysis of data.
- Skill in the installation of GIS systems.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of SQL Server is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Cityworks is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Tyler Technologies New World Public Safety is advantageous.
The Information Services Director assigns work in terms of general instructions and spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and accuracy of the final products.
Guidelines include GIS standards, department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related technical duties. The necessity of coordinating a variety of projects contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to perform technical and analytical duties related to the maintenance of the county's GIS data and applications. Success in this position contributes to the accuracy and reliability of the GIS database and overall system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other county employees, contractors, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contact with others are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having had a similar position for two to five years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.