The Thunderbolt Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. All applicants must possess Georgia POST Peace Officer Certification. Recent Academy graduates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license. Applicants must pass a comprehensive background investigation, psychological exam, polygraph examination, medical examination, drug and alcohol screening, and an oral interview.
• Excellent defined benefit retirement plan. Health benefits that include vision & dental;
• Town pays 100% for membership in the Georgia Peace Officers Annuity Benefit;
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
• City paid employee life insurance and short & long term disability policies;
• All uniforms and equipment furnished;
• Take home car program for qualifying officers;
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications may be obtained from the Town of Thunderbolt website; www.thunderboltga.org
, or by visiting the Thunderbolt Police Department at 2821 River Drive, Thunderbolt, Georgia 31404.
The Town of Thunderbolt is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.