The Thunderbolt Public Works Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Worker.
- High School Diploma, GED Certificate, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position
- Possess a valid GA Driver's License
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Estimate time and extent of repairs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Maintain material and supply inventory
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Maintains and repairs Town buildings, streets and roads
- Operates backhoe and other heavy equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent defined benefit retirement plan. Health benefits that include vision & dental;
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
- City paid employee life insurance and short & long term disability policies;
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications may be obtained from the Town of Thunderbolt 2821 River Drive, Thunderbolt, Georgia 31404 or www.thunderboltga.org.
Resumes and applications may be submitted to:
Town of Thunderbolt
2821 River Drive
Thunderbolt, GA 31404
The Town of Thunderbolt is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.