The Thunderbolt Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Possess a valid GA Driver's License or able to obtain GA class "F" license
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally able to work in the United States
- GA State Certified Firefighter or equivalent from another state
- Two years of experience preferred
Applicants must pass a comprehensive background investigation, psychological exam, and drug and alcohol screening.
• Excellent defined benefit retirement plan. Health benefits that include vision & dental;
• Town pays 100% for membership in the Georgia Firefighters’ Pension Fund;
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
• City paid employee life insurance and short & long term disability policies;
• All uniforms and equipment furnished;
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications may be obtained from the Town of Thunderbolt Fire Department at 2702 Mechanics Avenue, Thunderbolt, Georgia 31404.
Resumes and applications may be submitted to:
Thunderbolt Fire Department
Captain Andrew Bateman
2702 Mechanics Avenue
Thunderbolt, GA 31404
The Town of Thunderbolt is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.