Parks & Recreation (Wolfe Center)
$9.00 / hr.
January 11, 2018
Open Until Filled
Under the general supervision of the Wolfe Center Senior Program Coordinator, serves as a lifeguard at the senior center aquatic facility as assigned. Ensures safe swimming facilities for patrons. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Closely watches assigned pool/aquatic activities during shifts throughout day.
- Administers first aid where necessary.
- Keeps assigned facility clean and safe for patrons.
- Monitor pool chemical levels and keeps log record.
- Collects and records fees received if necessary.
- Perform light duty pool maintenance such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Applications must be submitted online: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Current certifications required or ability to obtain such certifications prior to start date: Lifeguard Training, Standard First Aid, and Community CPR.
- Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously with all callers and facility users.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and to collect and accurately record fees received.
- Ability to work variable hours as assigned, including early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass post-offer drug screen.