Do you like to earn professional certifications and immediately apply what you have learned on the job? Do you have a great work ethic and a high degree of integrity and are left unchallenged at the end of the day? If so, then you may be the professional that the City of Newnan Building Department seeks to employ. Apply today!
This is an opportunity to contribute to a great team which helps keep this City vital, safe, and functioning well. The City of Newnan offers a work environment within an established and growing community that will provide professional development and the opportunity to make a difference.
Located just off I-85 south of Atlanta, Newnan is perfect for the young and old alike. With 41,000 residents, Newnan is a growing community with a small town feel which is both traditional and yet, progressive. Newnan offers rich cuisine, historical architecture, and the kindness and charm of the residents who represent "Southern Living" in this picturesque landscape.
- Enforces building related codes and City ordinances, including zoning related matters; issues correction notices and citations as necessary.
- Performs on-site commercial and residential inspections of foundations, framing, and electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems and site plan components, such as house location, drainage and other buildings and appurtenances on the lot; schedules and coordinates inspections with contractors and/or owners.
- Maintains records of inspection activities; completes and/or compiles related reports.
- Researches problems and complaints regarding building construction and code compliance; makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Assists in resolving citizen complaints, either personally, via telephone, or in writing.
- Interprets and explains applicable codes to architects, engineers, contractors, developers, or other interested parties.
- Coordinates efforts with City departments and assists department staff as needed
- Reviews architectural, structural plans and site plans for code compliance.
1. High school diploma or GED and considerable experience in the building construction trade, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Possession of certification by the International Code Council, the Building Officials Code Association, or the Southern Building Code Congress as a Residential Combination Inspector and a Commercial Building Inspector upon hire required
3. Valid State Driver's License
Requires Sucessful completion of background screen, and motor vehicle history.
$44,766.95 to start (Depending on Experience) and competetive benefit package.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled