REAL PROPERTY APPRAISER
Lumpkin County is accepting applications for the position of Real Property Appraiser. This is a full time, benefits eligible position.
This position performs field appraisals of the typical types of real and personal property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locates, measures, documents, and values residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial property by conducting on site reviews by measuring structures and sketching improvements;
- Enters data into computer and generates reports;
- Prepare appeals for board of equalization hearings;
- Defends county valuations before board of equalization, arbitration, and/or superior court;
- Researches deeds and plats for valuation purposes;
- Assists other county personnel by providing information regarding property ownership, addresses, descriptions, locations, and values;
- Inspects new construction and major improvements to existing structures to determine values;
- Performs data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion;
Education and Experience:
- Assists taxpayers with information, questions, concerns and requests.
- Gathers new construction permits from planning office;
- Visits and reviews taxpayer returns;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Obtain Appraiser “I” Certification within first year of employment.
- Skill in using computers for data entry;
- Skill in the use small office equipment, including copy machines, calculators, or multi-line telephone systems;
- Mathematical skills to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to organize and communicate effectively.
Employment contingent upon passing a background check, physical exam, and post offer drug screening.
: Applications for employment may be obtained at the Lumpkin County Human Resources Office located at 99 Courthouse Hill, Suite A, Dahlonega, GA 30533 or on the county’s website www.lumpkin county.gov
Send, fax or email the application to:
Director of Community & Employee Services
99 Courthouse Hill, Suite A
Dahlonega, GA 30533
Lumpkin County reserves the right to contact only those applicants deemed most appropriate for the position. No other communication will be sent regarding the status of an application.
Lumpkin County is an Equal Employer Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicant must have documentation of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States.