Uniform Patrol Lovejoy Police Department
This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and the protection of life and property.
- 12 hour Shifts
- Patrols an assigned zone to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to calls relayed by communications officers, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
- Conducts preliminary investigations into traffic accidents and other incidents, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing crime scenes.
- Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including fugitives; summons witnesses.
- Provides assistance and backup support to other officers as necessary.
- Provides first aid and CPR to victims as necessary and assists motorists.
- Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, ball games, and school crossings.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings as necessary.
- Transports inmates.
- Completes all required reports and forms, including accident and incident reports.
- Inspects and maintains an assigned patrol car and uniform.
- Prepares and serves criminal warrants.
- Attends ongoing training classes as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with community events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma with two years’ experience as a P.O.S.T certified law enforcement officer
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, criminal and traffic codes, search and seizure laws, city ordinances, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of traffic investigation techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of the geography and streets of the city.
- Knowledge of first-aid and CPR techniques.
- Knowledge of the court system and judicial procedures.
- Skill in operating police vehicles, firearms, and emergency equipment.
- Skill in restraining persons without causing physical harm.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- City paid employee life insurance policy
- City pays 100% of employee medical/dental/vision coverage
- GMA retirement plan fully vested after 5 years
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave
- Simple IRA contribution
The Lieutenant or Sergeant assigns work in terms of general instructions. Work is reviewed for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include state and federal laws, traffic laws, city ordinances, and departmental policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
SCOPE & EFFECT:
The purpose of this position is to protect life and property and enforce federal, state, and local laws. Successful performance helps ensure the safety and well-being of citizens and promotes the efficient and effective operation of the department.
The work is typically performed with the employee sitting, standing, walking, running, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee must occasionally lift light or heavy objects, use equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, be able to distinguish between shades of color, and use the physical force necessary to arrest and restrain persons.
The work is performed indoors, in a vehicle, and outdoors. The employee may be exposed to inclement weather, infectious diseases, and life-threatening situations. The work requires the use of protective clothing and devices.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITES:
Submit an application, resume and 2 references letters (from most recent employer).
In person: Lovejoy City Hall 2296 Talmadge Road, Lovejoy, GA 30250 Via Email: email@example.com
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline of April 2, 2018 will not be accepted.