The City of Tybee Island is now accepting applications for the position of Water/Sewer Maintenance Worker I.
Description of Duties:
Work involves participation in the safe and efficient operation, routine servicing and care of a variety of specialized equipment in the municipal water and sewer treatment facilities. This position is responsible for assisting in constructing, repairing, and maintaining water sewer lines and mains. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Foreman in the Water and Sewer Department and is reviewed through the inspection of schedules, records, equipment, facilities, and job performance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Pass a background check and employment drug screen
- Applicant must be available to work some weekends and holidays
- Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of water and sewer pumping and treatment equipment and facilities.
- Applicant must be State Certified as a Wastewater Operation Class III, Water Operator Class III, or Water Distribution or the capability to obtain one of these certifications within two (2) year of employment.
Applications are available at online at www.cityoftybee.org
Job Open Until Filled
EOE and Drug Free Workplace
The City offers an excellent benefits package, including 100% coverage on medical and dental insurance for the employee, life insurance, long-term disability, pension, FMLA leave, and continuing education assistance.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a disability or any other legally protected status.