The City of Griffin, Georgia has an immediate opening for a Building Inspector. Griffin is comfortably located approximately 40 miles south of Atlanta and 10 miles west of Interstate 75. With a population of almost 24,000 and an area of 14.6 square miles, Griffin combines hometown charm with big city convenience, making it the perfect place to live, work and raise a family.
Duties of the Building Inspector include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects structures to determine the condition of structure and systems; documents with pictures.
- Works with Code Enforcement Officers to inspect vandalized structures to determine extent of damage.
- Writes inspection reports, creates files, and sends letters to owners of substandard properties.
- Inspects all phases of new construction for code compliance.
- Reviews building plans for approval prior to permitting.
- Writes and enters inspection reports into computer and hard files.
- Inspects tenant complaint issues; writes inspection reports and sends letter and report to landlord.
Please go to our website at www.cityofgriffin.com
to view the job description and apply.
The City of Griffin is an Equal Opportunity Employer