If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email email@example.com
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
Douglas County Human Resources
8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Department of Transportation
Deputy Transportation Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
The primary role of the Deputy Transportation Director is to assist and support the Transportation Director in planning, directing, organizing and managing the operations of the County’s Transportation Department including administration, planning, development, engineering, traffic operations, road maintenance and all transit/alternate mode systems.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years professional related work experience in public service
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to answer questions and resolve problems usually associated with one to three years of experience or service
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must possess a Professional Engineering License
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
: $100,000.00 contract based on experience and qualifications, plus full benefits package
Résumés may be attached, but a résumé without a completed application will not be considered.