The Town of Tyrone is accepting applications for certified police officers. Starting salary, depending on experience and qualifications is $37,437.40 - $38,387.70 (DOQ). Salary is in addition to a competitive benefit package and a take home vehicle.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
• Current Georgia POST Basic Mandate Certification
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid Georgia driver’s license and clean MVR
• Honorable discharge if prior military
• Clean criminal history
The hiring process includes:
• Comprehensive background investigation
• Oral interview board
• Physical agility assessment
• Medical exam and drug screen
• Psychological evaluation
This is an entry level position that includes shift work (12 hour shifts), night and weekend shifts, and work on holidays, etc.
Our Benefits Include:
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid retirement plan
• 457 Deferred Comp Plan (Optional)
• Sick Leave
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• 12 Hour Shifts
• Advanced Training Opportunities
• Take home vehicles
• Uniform Allowance
Issued equipment includes (not limited to): body armor, active shooter kit (hard body armor, ballistic helmet), AR15 (upon completion of training), shotgun, taser, laptop, body camera, and take home car.
Applications and job descriptions are available for download at www.tyronepd.org/employment
. Applications must be submitted to: 945 Senoia Road, Tyrone, GA 30290.
This position is considered open until filled.
The Town of Tyrone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.