The City of Hogansville Police Department is seeking a GA POST certified law enforcement officer to join its agency and be a part community. We are a community-oriented agency that enjoys excellent community support and partnerships. Hogansville has a population for approximately 3,300 people and encompasses about 6.4 square miles. Hogansville is in Troup County about 45 miles southwest of Atlanta.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This is general law enforcement work responsible for serving the community, protecting life and property and enforcing laws and ordinances. Work involves routine patrol in assigned area, responding to emergency and non-emergency calls for service, alarms, and citizen complaints. Duties include traffic enforcement, preliminary criminal investigations, serving warrants, making arrests, and other similar type assignments. Work requires independent judgment and discretion in difficult or unusual situations. Work involves an element of personal danger. Work is performed under the general supervision of a shift supervisor who reviews work performance.
- Take home car program (after completion of Field Training Program)
- Excellent insurance benefits for individual and family (Health, Dental and Vision plans)
- 12-hour patrol shifts
- All required approved equipment provided
• Age 21 or older
• High School Diploma or State-Issued GED; some college preferred
• Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified or Graduate of a Georgia Law Enforcement Academy is required;
• In good standing with GA P.O.S.T.
• Georgia Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
• Be physically and mentally able to perform the essential job functions as listed in the Job Description
A rigid and thorough personal, work experience, and qualification background investigation is required, which includes: medical exam, drug screening test, psychological tests (written and clinical), polygraph examination, verification of all credentials and qualifications (personal references, previous employment, POST status, education, training, etc.), and interviews.
You can pick up an application at the Hogansville Police Department, 117 Lincoln Street, Hogansville GA 30230 or Contact: Michelle Toth, Hogansville Police Department at 706-637-6648 or at firstname.lastname@example.org