Employment Opportunities >> Finance
Atlanta Regional Commission
Posted: Feb. 22, 2018
End Date: Apr. 22, 2018
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Accounting Technician position serves as support to the Manager and staff of Financial Services and Program Support (FSPS) Section of the Workforce Solutions Group. This position is responsible for supporting and helping to ensure the overall performance and success of the Financial Services and Program Support Section. This would entail performing many of the clerical and a few technical components related to financial services provided to both internal and external customers. This position is in the FSPS Section of the Workforce Solutions Group and reports directly to the manager of that section. The individual in this role will support and perform activities such as data entry of invoices and payments, customer service related to certain financial activities, filing, organizing, and maintenance of FSPS section digital and physical files, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for processing of bills for payment in current accounting systems
· This involves the periodic entry of training, non-training, contractual, and other bills into the current accounting systems used by ARC and the Workforce Solutions Group. The position will be required to review bills for accuracy and address errors to the respective biller. Training and other types of bills will be entered into multiple system(s) for tracking. All entries require the assignment of costs to appropriate cost centers and categories.
Responsible for providing financial technical assistance and customer service to clients about billing and payments and other financial related inquiries:
· This involves responding to phone calls and emails inquiring about financial related topics or addressing issues. The position will maintain a log of calls and responses, and address all inquiries and issues to the customer in a timely manner. Will on occasion involve face to face meetings with customers.
Responsible for providing administrative support to FSPS Manager and staff and other colleagues as needed
· This involves providing support in the form of helping with reports, assisting with preparation of meetings and gathering of data. Will also assist with research and preparation of letters, policies, procedures and other written documents. The position may take on, or assist with the clerical aspect of the FSPS Manager and staff duties.
Responsible for the cleanup of Individual Training Accounts
· This involves the periodic maintenance and cleanup of Individual Training Accounts in the current tracking system. Requires research of commitments made, status of clients with their training, and payments made. Will determine if any balances remaining are payable or need to be closed.
· Perform other duties assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Strong customer service and basic mathematical skills;
• Possess good organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (equivalent combination acceptable):
• Associate’s degree
• One (1) year of accounting support experience
• Two (2) years of experience in financial or accounting roles, preferably in government and/or non-profit
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
1. Interdisciplinary by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
2. Holistic by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
3. Actionable by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable
outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
4. Outcome Based by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
5. Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues' Success by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others in an effort to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues’ success, needs, respect, trust and integrity.
ANNUAL SALARY: $37,072 - $60,198 (no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary)
Contact Atlanta Regional Commission Kameisha Johnson at email@example.com or (470) 378-1464.