ASSISTANT DIRECTOR DOWNTOWN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Assistant Director of Downtown Economic Development
Community Development Director
Hourly, up to 40 Hours/Week, Non-Exempt
This position will provide Citywide economic and community development in support of business attraction, tourism, expansion, retention, marketing and economic research activities; recommend action and assist in policy, procedure, work methods and budget development and implementation related to economic growth and development. Serves as the primary liaison between the City and downtown businesses and organizations.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Oversee staff and volunteers of the Columbia Theatre Downtown Museum/Visitors Center.
- Participate in the analysis, review, and implementation of economic and community development activities to enhance and promote City-wide economic development, support business attraction, expansion, retention and economic research.
- Meet with business representatives and community officials to assist in determining needs for overall growth and development of plans, support activities, and programs.
- Act as a point of contact for business and property owners to discuss issues regarding economic development, business vitality, and development processing.
- Provide information and services to businesses and communities concerning issues such as financial analysis, impact, planning, development, resources and/or issues.
- Provides logistic support for the Oliver Hardy Festival and assists in annual planning.
- Assists in coordinating community events that focus or impact the downtown area. OTHER DUTIES:
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Community Development Director.
The position is responsible for supervising the staffs of both the Laurel and Hardy Museum and the Harlem Senior Center. The employee will also be charged with monitoring the applicable operating budgets and providing input during the budget process.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Relative Field
- Three to five years of experience in a similar role
- Main Street Manager Credentials, Tourism Certifications
- Successful track record of planning and executing community events
- These Preferred Qualifications may be fulfilled by demonstration of other
skills in a similar position.
The City of Harlem is an EO/AA/ADA Employer and is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act and to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified persons with disabilities.
The deadline to apply shall be Friday, March 23. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org