Salary range: $62,400 - $88,650
The Economic Development Director is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of all economic development activities for the City of Perry. The Economic Development Director, as a City department head, serves as the liaison between Mayor and Council and the City of Perry business community and provides high level guidance thereof. Primary focus is on traditional economic development activities (e.g. recruitment, retention, expansion, etc.) with significant concentrations on small business development (e.g. retail, restaurant, hotel, etc.), redevelopment, downtown development, and community engagement.
This position plans, organizes, manages, and directs the day-to-day operations of the Economic Development Department and related staff. Residency in the City of Perry service area is required with City residence preferred.
Primarily mix of office and field indoor sites. Some outdoor activities, night meetings required and some weekend tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred, from an accredited college or university in economic development, public administration, planning, business, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in economic development, community development, local and regional planning, and public administration required; as well as experience in developing and implementing community engagement activities, strategic planning, group facilitation, or other areas aimed at community and economic development objectives.
- Downtown development/redevelopment experience preferred.
- CEcD or AICP, or desire to retain certification, preferred; International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) training considered.
- Possession of a current, valid State of Georgia driver’s license.
- Demonstrates ability to develop leadership teams and programs.
- Familiar with various resources available from the State of Georgia, foundations, partnerships, associations, or private sectors that support local economic development.
- Ability to effectively communicate in business English using verbal, written and digital modes.
- Understanding of partnerships and how to develop.
- Ability to coordinate and support collaborative projects involving a number of separate entities.
- Ability to translate group concepts into project plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various, diverse businesses, economic development partners, and civic organizations.
- Ability and willingness to perform all administrative, minimal, supervisory and conceptual planning functions to complete projects.
- Self-directed, requiring little supervision.
- Ability to provide oversight and management to related projects and designated staff, as appropriate.
- Ability to complete projects with minimal support and supervision.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should complete the City of Perry Application for Employment (http://www.perry-ga.gov/administration/employment-opportunities/) and submit the completed application along with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
City of Perry
Attn: Economic Development Director Position
P.O. Box 2030
Perry, GA 31069
Or submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call Karen Bycenski at 478-988-2713.
The City of Perry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Drug Free Workplace