|The City of Sky Valley, Georgia is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. This position requires, but is not limited to, the Officer exercising responsibility for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare, patrolling the City for purposes of observing the area for possible criminal activity or other conditions that could endanger public safety, writing citations and reports in a clear and concise fashion, appearing in court as needed, and working closely with other emergency responders and City Hall as needed.
This position is full-time. This is an entry level position with benefits.
- The Police Officer shall possess the ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or its equivalent;
- Must possess and maintain P.O.S.T. Certification;
- Must possess a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent and possess or have the ability to possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia;
- Must be able to attend mandatory police training classes at various locations;
- Must be available for day or night duty, special events, and emergencies;
- Must submit to a background check and drug/alcohol screening;
- Must complete pre-employment packet, polygraph and physical;
- Must have no felony or family violence record;
- Must be genuinely interested in the City of Sky Valley and its progress; and
- Must possess good communication and public relations skills.
If interested, please contact City Hall for a pre-employment package at (706) 746-2204, via the City of Sky Valley’s web site at www.skyvalleyga.com, or in person at City Hall, 3444 Highway 246, Sky Valley, Georgia.
Please remit resumes and a completed employment packet to Linda Lapeyrouse, City Manager, 3444 Highway 246, Sky Valley, GA 30537.
Applications will be accepted until position(s) filled.The City of Sky Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.