Georgia Local Government
The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Submit a Listing
Employment Opportunities >> Public Safety
Certified and Non-Certified Police Officer
City of Dallas Police Dept
Posted: Feb. 28, 2018
End Date: Mar. 31, 2018
The City of Dallas Police Department is currently accepting applications for positions of Police Officer. All applicants must possess Georgia POST Peace Officer Certification, or the ability to obtain certification. Recent Academy graduates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license. Applicants must pass a comprehensive background investigation, psychological exam, medical examination, drug and alcohol screening, and an oral interview. Ability to work 12-hour shifts including nights and weekends, and possess good communication and public relations skills.
Starting salary:Non-Certified $14.66 hour ($32,017.44 annual)
Certified $16.24 hour ($35,468.16)
• GMA defined benefit retirement plan with 5 year vesting and early retirement options. City contributes 100% towards the plan;. Health benefits that include vision & dental;
• Health, Prescription & Dental benefits, City pays 100% towards single coverage for Health & Dental and pays 75% of dependent health and dental coverage'
• City paid employee
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
• All uniforms and equipment furnished;
• Take home car program for qualifying officers, within 25 miles of the city;
• Job Training paid by the city;
• Health & Wellness Program;;
• Discounted Fitness Center Memberships
Applications may be completed online at the City of Dallas website;
, or by visiting our Police Department at 120 Main St, Dallas, Georgia 30132. Resumes may be sent to
The City of Dallas is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.