Georgia Local Government
The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Submit a Listing
Employment Opportunities >> Public Safety
City of Dallas Police Dept
Posted: Mar. 1, 2018
End Date: Mar. 31, 2018
The City of Dallas Police Department is currently accepting applications for Communications Officer. All applicants must possess Georgia POST Communication Certification, or the ability to obtain the certification.
All applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED; pass pre-employment background investigation, physical, hearing and drug screening. Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication. The ability to type 35 words per minute. Ability to work various hours, including weekends and holidays. Must possess good communication and public relations skills.
Receives, monitors, and dispatches radio communications traffic for the Police Dept throughout the city, including 911 calls; Receives and screens incoming telephone calls from the public and other public safety agencies; categorizes and prioritizes calls during emergency situations; Dispatches the appropriate emergency personnel to incident locations; Maintains a continuous log of incoming telephone and radio calls by computer aided dispatch system; logs incoming calls for participating agencies; Monitors and routes incoming messages from national and state computer networks; Enters and removes information as requested to the Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) network and the departmental computer system; Dispatches severe weather plan as required.
Starting salary: $14.63 hour ($30,430.40 annual)
• GMA defined benefit retirement plan with 5 year vesting and early retirement options. City contributes 100% towards the plan;. Health benefits that include vision & dental;
• Health, Prescription & Dental benefits, City pays 100% towards single coverage for Health & Dental and pays 75% of dependent health and dental coverage'
• City paid employee
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
• All uniforms and equipment furnished;
• Take home car program for qualifying officers, within 25 miles of the city;
• Job Training paid by the city;
• Health & Wellness Program;
• Discounted Fitness Center Memberships
Applications may be completed online at the City of Dallas website; www.
or by visiting our Police Department at 120 Main St, Dallas, Georgia 30132. Resumes may be sent to email@example.com.
The City of Dallas is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.