Parks & Recreation
$9.00 / hr.
March 2, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
Under the general supervision of the Athletic Coordinator and the Tolleson Softball Supervisor, serves as a scorekeeper at Tolleson Park. Keeps record of game play for adult and senior men’s softball leagues from press box. Makes sure the scoreboard and scorebooks are updated and kept properly. Performs other related duties as assigned.
**Position is for Spring and Fall softball seasons**
Essential Job Duties
- Keeps track of game times, individual team line ups, balls and strikes, outs and points scored for the City’s Adult Softball leagues.
- Records game final scores and updates standings using a variety of forms and files for reporting by retrieval and recording by others.
- Maintains a clean work environment in the press box.
- Responsible for janitorial duties in the staff restroom.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of baseball and softball rules and regulations.
- Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously with all team managers, patrons, facility users of all ages, and the general public.
- Ability to work weekday evenings.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Applications must be submitted online: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *