Parks & Recreation
$14.50 / hr.
Posting Date: March 3, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under the general supervision of the City's Athletic/Aquatics Coordinator, supervises the operation and maintenance of the City's outdoor aquatic facility at Tolleson Park. Ensures safe swimming facilities and aquatics programming for the general public. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Supervises seasonal lifeguards to ensure the safe operation of assigned City aquatics facilities.
- Directs patrol assignments and ensures the proper enforcement of aquatics safety rules and regulations.
- Trains and evaluates assigned seasonal staff, reviews progress, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Ensures the proper care and use of all aquatics equipment and facilities.
- Oversees and maintains operations of the concession stand.
- Assists in the planning of effective aquatic programs.
- Conducts swimming classes, officiates swim meets, and coordinates pool rentals and bookings.
- Monitors and maintains pool filtration systems and chemical feed systems.
- Maintains related records and statistics for various aquatics programs; prepares reports as appropriate.
- Assists subordinates in the proper performance of duties; corrects mistakes and resolves complaints when possible.
- Attempts to maintain working harmony among assigned seasonal personnel; resolves grievances whenever feasible.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED) plus two or more years of progressively responsible experience in the coordination and/or supervision of aquatics facilities and programs.
- Current certifications in Lifeguard Training, Standard First Aid, and Community CPR; Aquatic Facility Operator or Certified Pool Operator preferred.
- Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously and to establish rapport with facility users of all ages, other City personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to work variable hours as assigned, including early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass post-offer drug screen.
Applications must be submitted Online at: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *