Parks & Recreation
$12.00 / hr.
March 2, 2018
: Open Until Filled
Under the general supervision of the Athletic Coordinator and the Community Center Supervisor, serves as a scorekeeper at the Community Center. Keeps record of game play for adult men's basketball leagues from the scoreboard table. Makes sure the scoreboard and scorebooks are updated and kept properly. Performs other duties as related.
Essential Job Duties
- Keeps track of game times, individual team line ups, fouls, possession arrow and points scored for the City’s Adult Basketball leagues.
- Records game final scores and updates standings using a variety of forms and files for reporting by retrieval and recording by others.
- Maintains a clean work environment in the gym; including using the Courtclean system to mop the gym floors before each game.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Knowledge of basketball rules and regulations.
- Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously with all team managers, patrons, facility users of all ages, and the general public.
- Ability to work weekday evenings.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass post-offer drug screen.
Applications must be submitted online: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *