$11.68 per hour
February 28, 2018
March 14, 2018
Under the direction of the Youth Services Librarian, this position will perform routine clerical functions in support of library operations, specifically Youth Services.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Position generally will work 20 hours per week.
Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs customer service functions at Youth Services desk; provides assistance and information related to library services, fees, procedures, or other issues.
- Checks library materials in/out; scans materials in library’s computerized circulation system; provides patrons with due date information; sorts/arranges materials on book carts for shelving; separates new books for display on new book shelves.
- Places books/materials in appropriate shelving areas; sorts and shelves books, magazines, newspapers, and audiovisual materials in appropriate order.
- Assists with Youth Services activities and programs; replenishes displays; prepares crafts as required.
- Provides information related to the Summer Reading Program to adult and youth patrons; uses Excel to record pertinent data for statistical use.
- Monitors inventory levels of library supplies; initiates requests for new or replacement materials.
- Answers the telephone; provides information and assistance; takes/relays messages or directs calls to appropriate personnel; returns calls as necessary.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience as a paid or volunteer employee and/or training involving library work, general clerical work, customer service or personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must be flexible and able to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a group.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *