Employment Opportunities >> Public Works & Utilities
Public Works Director
City of Johns Creek
Posted: Mar. 5, 2018
End Date: Apr. 1, 2018
Support the City of Johns Creek as Public Works Director and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As the Public Works Director for the City of Johns Creek, GA you will oversee public works services including street and drainage maintenance, parks and recreation, traffic control, and major capital projects. Working closely with other members of our team, and the client, you will lead a staff of approximately 16 professional, technical and administrative staff to fulfill the mission of providing a full-range of operations, maintenance, and capital project services in a safe and productive manner. During your time with us you will also have the opportunity to direct the development and administration of a large complex project budget and capital plan; implement an Asset Management Program that includes preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance of capital improvements; facilitate and participate in public forums on proposed capital projects; and research new technologies and trends and make recommendations around the implementation of programs and equipment to help the department achieve its objectives more efficiently. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• BS degree in Engineering, Management or similar discipline
• 10 plus years of supervisory Public Works experience
• Demonstrated record of accomplishment and innovation in capital planning
• Experience with project finances and balancing budgets
• Experience leading highly efficient and progressive public works projects or departments
• Experience with federal and state transportation funding and project implementation processes
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions
• Ability to travel when required
• Professional Engineer credential
• Prior experience developing and elevating a comprehensive asset management plan for facilities and other assets
• Demonstrated history of balancing long-term policy work while maintaining an awareness of the impact of the ongoing work of the department (i.e. public perception, City Council interest, progress of critical capital projects, attention to customers and key players, etc.)
• Passion for data and analysis
• Strong record of achievement managing infrastructure, capital projects, public works projects and facilities program management including operations and maintenance of facilities
CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B, etc.) for this position.