JOB TITLE: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING & ZONING
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
POSITION NUMBER: PZ74100-03
Under regular supervision, performs routine to moderately complex administrative and clerical duties in support of effective and efficient department operations. Duties involve handling the responsibility for issuing permits and business licenses and providing information regarding permitting, business licenses, and related processes. Helps coordinate and participates in all special events and leisure programing. May work on Saturdays and Sundays on special events, yard sales, movies in the park, and leisure programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Issues and maintains all information pertaining to Building Permits, New Business Licenses, Occupational Licenses and Insurance
- Assists with SAVE verifications and Year End Reporting
- Reviews and maintains Building, Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing permits and corresponding records
- Assists with annual occupational license renewals
- Issues Certificates of Occupancy approved by City Planner and City Clerk
- Maintain and Issue Alcohol Licenses approved by City Planner and City Clerk
- Schedules inspections for the Building Inspector
- Prepares agendas and minutes for Planning & Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, DDA and Main Street Boards and attends meetings as needed
- May work on Saturdays and Sundays on special events, yard sales, movies in the park and other recreational programs
- Assists with marketing, communications, promotional activities
- Coordinates the daily program operations at the new Auburn Center
- Coordinates the daily program operations at the Whistlestop Shops
- Assists walk-in customers
- Responds to calls and email inquiries
- Assists with monthly and annual reports to various agencies
- Assists with the SAVE Annual Registration and Reporting
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the City Planner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head
Must have knowledge of basic development and construction permit requirements for all permit types. Knowledge of general permit processing and specific procedures for assigned area(s). Knowledge of City offices and functions, land development, and construction terminology. Knowledge of modern office practices and clerical procedures; skill in performing clerical operations; ability to understand and carry out complex written and oral directions; ability to effectively use computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Permit and Accounting Software. Display an interest in advancing knowledge and skills through training and initiative. Ability to manage job tasks and event coordination to meet required deadlines and use good judgment in prioritizing work assignments. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, city officials, regulatory agencies and personnel, and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race religion, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation or political affiliation. Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with all city ethics and conflicts of interest policies.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with two (2) years of general clerical experience and,
One (1) year of experience in development or construction permit office
A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
Valid Georgia Driver’s License must be maintained during employment
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Apply at City of Auburn, 1369 Fourth Avenue, Auburn, GA or mail to Human Resources, P O Box 1059, Auburn, GA 30011 or Fax: 770-513-9255 or email: email@example.com. A resume must be submitted with a city application available at www.cityofauburn-ga.org.
Offering a Competitive Salary of $27,060.80 to $39,998.40 and a Benefits Package.
The City of Auburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace