Police Captain - Criminal Investigation Commander
Anticipated starting pay $61,942 – $70,585 (depending on experience)
Under general direction of the Police Chief, plans, and coordinates criminal investigation services of the Police Department. The commander conducts and oversees the preliminary and supplementary investigation of crimes, interviewing victims, complainants, witnesses and suspects; secures and investigates the crime scene; identifies, collects and preserves physical evident; prepares reports; and testifies in court.
Possession of Georgia POST certification (in good standing with POST)
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in criminal justice, police science, public administration or a related field.
- Ten (10) years of law enforcement experience in a similar size or larger agency, with a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory position.
- Minimum of five (5) years of investigative experience.
- Never been convicted of a Felony.
- A citizen of the United States or has obtain legal work status.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must pass an annual fit for duty physical and/or physical abilities test.
- Must have sound mental health, absence of history of psychosis or any other psychological impairment the would interfere with performing essential job duties.
- Work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to be bonded and pass a credit check.
Please submit a completed city application with a detailed resume to the City of Winder's Human Resources Department.