The City of Cumming is now accepting resumes for an entry level position of Water Crew Member. Those who would like to submit a resume please do so either by fax or email.
The City will accept resumes until the position has been filled.
CITY OF CUMMING
DEPARTMENT OF UTILITIES
DISTRIBUTION AND COLLECTION DIVISION
WATER CREW MEMBER
GENERAL NATURE OF WORK
This is manual work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the City’s Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Systems within the City’s Water and Sewer Service Area. Duties are performed under the direct supervision of the Water Crew Leader and the Field Supervisor
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Taps water lines and installs water meters.
- Taps sewer lines and installs sewer lateral connections.
- Repairs leaking or broken water lines and sewer lines.
- Locates and avoids damage to other underground utilities.
- Relocates existing water and sewer lines that are in conflict with proposed lines and other projects.
- Maintains inventory of supplies on service trucks and assists in maintaining an accurate warehouse inventory.
- Inspects residential and commercial sewer taps when requested to do so.
- Assists Utility Inspectors as needed.
- Maintains all equipment assigned. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining vehicles, machinery, and tools according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Generates, maintains, and submits all required paperwork to the shop office.
- Maintains good public relations with water and sewer customers.
- Complies with all safety rules, regulations, and requirements of the City of Cumming and the Distribution and Collection Division.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough understanding of Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Systems.
- Thorough understanding of the parts and materials used in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Systems.
Ability to read and understand plans and blueprints.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of digging and boring machinery and other related construction tools and equipment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral. This includes the ability to communicate effectively with other employees, engineers, surveyors, developers, property owners, contractors, subcontractors, and the general public.
- Ability to operate under limited supervision.
- Exemplary attendance is required.
DESIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from a standard high school, vocational school, or equivalency. Valid Georgia Driver’s License. Two years’ experience in water distribution and wastewater collection or related fields. Beneficial to hold a current Georgia Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection System Operator Licenses.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 25 pounds of force frequently. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for medium work.
Classification: Entry Level
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer without notice as the needs of the employer and/or requirements of the job change.