The City of Lilburn is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Court Clerk. This position performs a variety of clerical duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Performs receptionist duties:
- Greets and assists the general public;
- Answering telephone lines; providing information and assistance;
- Prepares correspondence, data entry, photocopying, filing and retrieving of records.
- Receives and processes municipal court payments for fines and fees;
- Enters data of citations into court software system.
- Maintains court files; makes certified copies as requested.
- Maintains GCIC certification.
- Attends Municipal Court and processes all records and citations.
- Issues warrants; types DPS 912 forms, letters of intent.
- Provides notary services.
- Maintains criminal histories.
- Enters dispositions.
- Verifies GCIC validations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Clerk of Municipal Court.
Work schedule will be Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, except for the days court is in session. Sessions are typically held on the first and second Tuesdays of the month at 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., and on the third and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 3:30 p.m. Court sessions can sometimes continue past 5 PM. This position is currently funded through June 30, 2018, but may be extended beyond that date.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. supplemented by a minimum of one year general office experience, preferably in a municipal court environment. Candidates must possess a positive professional image, excellent customer service skills, basic computer skills and basic math aptitude. Knowledge of legal terminology, applicable state and federal laws, and general court proceedings a plus, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Prior customer service experience in dealing with the public.
GCIC certification or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months.
Paralegal certification or training.
Interested applicants may download an employment application from our website at www.cityoflilburn.com. Return completed applications by email, fax, or regular mail to:
Lynn Smith, HR Director City of Lilburn
340 Main Street
Lilburn, Georgia 30047
Applicants may submit a resume’ in addition to the required city application form.
Closing Date for accepting applications is Until Filled.