CITY OF MILLEDGEVILLE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: Public Works Director
: Public Works
: Full Time 40 Hours per week, Monday-Friday
(Requires emergency after-hours calls)
: Negotiable – Dependent Upon Experience
: March 21, 2018 to April 23, 2018
This position is responsible for directing the public works function of the city. Performs duties related to developing and implementing the city of Milledgeville’s strategic goals and objectives. Responsible for overseeing the function and operations of the city’s Street, Cemetery and Parks, Central Garage, Solid Waste, and Yard Trimmings Departments.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or University with a degree or major in Civil Engineering, Public Works Management, Public Administration, Business Management or a related field and/or work experience equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of street construction and maintenance, water and sewer system operations and maintenance, parks and grounds maintenance, and building maintenance.
- Must possess a valid State of Georgia Operators License.
- Knowledge of Georgia DOT standards and specifications
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local law, codes and regulations governing the administration of public works and public utilities functions
- Knowledge of city codes, ordinances, and regulations
- Knowledge of public works principles and practices
- Ability to work closely with federal, state and county agencies on environmental issues within the corporate City limits.
- Experience in preparing budget forecasts and administering department budget.
- Knowledge of geography, boundaries and street system of the city.
- Ability to serve as liaison between the department, the public, elected officials, and other department heads.
- Three years of responsible managerial experience in directing staff and programs. Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge’s, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position will also be considered.
(Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)