The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Transportation Marketing Manager will be responsible for management, coordination, and oversight of all marketing efforts for all non-single occupant vehicle mobility efforts with which the Atlanta Regional Commission is involved. This position will primarily serve the Georgia Commute Options (GCO)* program but will also have responsibility for managing the ATLtransit.org** brand and associated marketing as well as ensuring that the multiple brands under the position's management interact synergistically. The Transportation Marketing Manager will be a proactive, highly collaborative leader capable of creative problem-solving and driving positive change based on solid research and data analysis, with a proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing programs.
* GCO is a program aimed at helping the region's employers and property managers develop commute options programs for employees and tenants that enable and encourage commuting by a transportation mode other than a single occupant vehicle as well as incentivizing behavior change in the region's commuters to carpool, vanpool, transit, bike, walk, and/or telework.
** ATLtransit.org is a joint marketing effort and centralized information source including regional trip planning of the region’s transit operators. Its purpose is to make the regional transit system more intelligible and cohesive for the traveling public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the regional transportation system;
• Develop marketing strategies, campaigns, budgets and timelines;
• Oversee development of creative and messaging content;
• Develop, oversee, and execute media buying strategies and budgets for digital, print, radio, billboard, and television with special emphasis on social media marketing;
• Develop and maintain relationships with communications and marketing peers in a broad array of ARC’s partner organizations including but not limited to local governments, state government agencies, transit providers, and nonprofit organizations;
• Manage GCO digital channels (mobile app, website) and program technology (back office system) and the customer relationship management system;
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients in support of their work programs;
• Lead committees of internal and external peer professionals;
• Procure and manage professional services from external consulting firms;
• Develop and execute strategies to monitor the success of various marketing efforts and develop approaches to pivot form unsuccessful approaches;
• Manage the social media presence of the multiple brands for which the position is responsible;
• Handle reactive and proactive media relations in a way that supports marketing program’s objectives.
• Hire, counsel and manage workload of marketing and technology staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge and proven track record of consumer level marketing that promotes behavior change;
• Knowledge of managing outside consultants, articulating project scope, strategy, budget and outcomes for successful production;
• Knowledge of business intelligence programs and audience segmentation tools (e.g. PRIZM and/or Tapestry, etc);
• Knowledge of salesforce.com or similar CRM and web conferencing tools;
• Exceptional communications and presentation skills;
• Skill in direct response marketing;
• Ability to craft integrated marketing strategies across all channels, including website, print communications, online communication and direct mail;
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment;
• Ability to articulate and enforce marketing/brand strategies and standards to internal and external stakeholders;
• Ability to create content for website/blog/social media, and other initiatives for regional outreach to core and market segmented audiences;
• Ability to create and place press releases and contributed articles;
• Ability to handle media inquiries in relation to the agency’s work on commuter programs;
• Ability to work collaboratively with peers whose programs’ success depend on your output;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word and Publisher), Adobe and related software and email marketing applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (equivalent combination acceptable):
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five (5) years of experience in the design and management of marketing activities
· Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy
. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
4. Outcome Based
by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues' Success
by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others in an effort to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships, and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues' success, needs, respect, trust and integrity.
Atlanta Regional Commission, Kameisha Johnson, email@example.com, (470) 378-1464.