1) Part-time Public Works Maintenance Worker
2) Temporary Public Works Maintenance Workers (Seasonal)
Operates a push/riding mower, tractor, weed eater and mower to mow grass and edge city sidewalks and curbs. Pick up litter, wash and clean city vehicles, clean ditches and drainage systems, and may perform routine maintenance of equipment (i.e. washing, check fluid levels, and lubricating). Assists any other service and maintenance crews with manual labor tasks as assigned.
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, March 26th, 2018.
These positions will remain open until positions are filled.
No phone calls please.
Applications may be obtained City Hall 730 1st Avenue Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. or downloaded from the website www.cityofwestpointga.com.
Applications should be submitted to:
City of West Point
Human Resources Department
P O Box 487
West Point, Georgia 31833
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current, valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of safety procedures pertaining to grounds maintenance.
- Skilled in operating grounds maintenance tools and equipments.
- Skilled in the use of such tools as chain saws, jackhammers, pipe cutters, and various hand tools.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and physical surroundings.
**The City of West Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Sex, Age, National Origin, Religion, Sexual Orientation or Physical/Mental Disability. The hiring authority will only contact those individuals deemed most appropriate for the position. Letters will not be mailed to individual job applicants.**