Keep Smyrna Beautiful
$15.00 per hour
Posting Date: March 27, 2018
Closing Date: April 24, 2018
Under the general direction of the Keep Smyrna Beautiful Director, the part-time Smyrna Outdoor Market Manager provides on-site management for the City’s open air outdoor market. The position directs vendors to assigned spaces, sets out/retrieves signage, traffic cones and other equipment, maintains visitor counts, enforces market rules, and other duties related to the market. Also responsible for resolving patron or vendor complaints as needed and interacts with vendors to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Market.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Works every Saturday from May 26 through October 20*, 7am – 12:30pm
Location: Atlanta Road next to Smyrna Community Center
*There will not be a market on August 4, September15, September 29
Essential Job Duties
- Places traffic cones to block off the Market area at 7:00 am and collects/stores after the market.
- Sets out event signage and retrieves/stores signs on site.
- Directs vendors to their assigned spaces for set up.
- Sets up/takes down the KSB Market tent and table display (assists others as needed).
- Sets up extension cords for the musicians and retrieves/stores afterwards.
- Maintains market patron attendance count.
- Reports vendor/patron issues or injuries to KSB Director immediately, and completes incident reports; takes pictures for documentation. Calls 911 if needed for injury or incident.
- Interacts with vendors/patrons to ensure that all market rules and regulations are adhered to and activities/ events run as planned.
- Ensures timely closing of the market, and remains with vendors until all have left the property.
- Delivers payment to Smyrna Arts and Cultural council for musician.
- Investigates and resolves patron complaints.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) PLUS one (3) years previous experience and /or training that includes supervision and working with the public; OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *