The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Planner within its Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division. The Planner is primarily responsible for assisting in local and regional efforts related to community, environmental, transportation, and land-use planning.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a working knowledge in several areas of local-government planning including, but not limited to, the following: comprehensive planning, strategic planning, demographic analysis, public speaking and meeting facilitation, and GIS mapping.
- Demonstrated successful research and analytical experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prepare and make public presentations in a variety of local government settings, sometimes on controversial topics
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also on project teams
- Effective in working directly with elected officials, local government staff, and community stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, political science, history, english or similar area of study
- Master’s degree in City and/or Regional Planning, Public Administration, or a related field
- Two years of related work experience
- Prior employment with a city or county government
This position reports to the NEGRC’s Director of Planning & Governments Services. For a complete list of duties, see http://negrc.org/local-services.php
The range for starting, annual salary is $38,000-$42,000 based on experience and qualifications. A competitive benefits package is provided. A complete resume and cover letter should be sent to: NEGRC, Attn: Julie Ball, Program Assistant, 305 Research Drive, Athens, GA 30605-2795 or email: email@example.com
. Review of received resumes will begin on April 18, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries accepted. The NEGRC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.