The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Project Specialist within its Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division. The Project Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting in local and regional efforts related to community/economic development and planning.
The ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge in several areas of local-government administration including: grant application development and grant administration, policy analysis, and local and regional planning. The position requires an ability to perform research, prepare and assemble written materials and specialized plans, and assist in various forms of community engagement. The Project Specialist will also serve in a supporting role and in coordination with other PGS staff.
- Demonstrated research and analytical experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prepare and make public presentations in a variety of local government settings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also on project teams
- Effective in working directly with elected officials, local government staff, and community stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in political science, history, english or similar area of study
- Master’s degree in Public Administration or Policy, City and/or Regional Planning, or related field
- One year of related work experience
This position reports to the NEGRC’s Director of Planning & Governments Services. For a complete list of duties, see http://negrc.org/local-services.php
The range for starting, annual salary is $34,000-$40,000 based on experience and qualifications. A competitive benefits package is provided. A complete resume and cover letter should be sent to: NEGRC, Attn: Julie Ball, Program Assistant, 305 Research Drive, Athens, GA 30605-2795 or email: email@example.com
. Review of received resumes will begin on April 18, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries accepted. The NEGRC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.