|The Marietta Fire Department offers exceptional and diverse career opportunities for men and women seeking professional and personal success. If you seek a competitive salary with excellent benefits, varying job assignments with advancement potential, and endeavor to impact the lives of others. Consider joining the MFD team, firefighting may be the exciting, challenging, and rewarding career you have been looking for.
|Minimum Qualifications -
• At least 18 years of age at time of hire
• High school graduate or GED awarded by May 2018
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory seven (7) year driving history including NO DUI’S or BUI’S (Boating Under the Influence) within five (5) years, or excessive violations
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Free of any felony convictions or sufficient misdemeanor convictions to evidence a pattern
• Successful completion of written exam, background check including criminal and credit history and oral exams
• Ability to meet physical and mental demands of the position
• Must become certified as a Georgia Firefighter/EMT within one year of hire
• Must be able to attain status as a relief driver within two (2) years of hire
|Additional Requirements - Successful completion of the following: written test, agility fitness test, interview with the Chief, medical evaluation & drug screen polygraph, psychological & 13-week recruit training.
$36,494- Entry level without EMT or Paramedic certifications
$38,319- Entry level with advanced EMT certification
$40,134- Entry level with Paramedic certification
FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE SELECTION PROCESS PLEASE VISIT