Public Works Master Craftsworker
Job Req# PWMC042018
The City of Norcross is seeking a Full-Time Master Craftsworker to start immediately. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The purpose of this position is the general maintenance, orderliness, and cleanliness of facilities and equipment to ensure that they are in good working condition.
The incumbent in this position will perform multiple repair and maintenance tasks throughout the day. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: carpentry work; basic electrical; basic plumbing needs; painting; flooring and general facility repairs. Ability to be ‘on-call’ and respond quickly to emergencies and requests from management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical repairs and maintenance to include lightbulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses
- Carpentry and general construction to include woodwork, sanding, painting, drywall installation and finishing, etc.
- General plumbing to include the removal and replacement of toilets and faucets and the fixing of leaks.
- Facility repairs to include doors, doorknobs, locks, replace broken windows and frames, and replace broken tiles. Maintain the upkeep of the building.
- Cleans and maintain personal company vehicle and equipment, as required.
- Troubleshoot general problems.
- Repair and replace general hardware.
- Remove stains and paint building when necessary.
- Attend to members of staff promptly when called upon.
- Assist with special projects when needed.
- Must be able to interact and work with all departments.
- Prepare reports/records of all assignments in database.
- Facilities monthly inspections and documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED and one to three years of experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience. General basic maintenance aptitude.
- Need computer skills to work on database.
- Must comply with the U.S. Department of Transportation's Part 382 - Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing Policy.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol tests.
- Knowledge of many aspects of repair and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions and material.
- Skill in performing general equipment maintenance duties.
- Skill in operating various hand tools and equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to multi-task.
Qualified candidates must submit resume with Master Craftsworker (Req# PWMC042018) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Posting will expire April 18th.
The City of Norcross is an Equal Opportunity Employer.