Public Works Maintenance & Equipment Operator
Job Req# MEWO092017-2
The City of Norcross is seeking a Part-Time Maintenance & Equipment Operator
to start immediately.
The purpose of this position is the operation of light equipment needed to maintain streets and drainage ditches.
The incumbent in this position will maintain and repair streets and ditches through the patching of holes and clearing and laying pipe. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining vehicles and light industrial equipment. Ability to be ‘on-call’ and respond quickly to emergencies and requests from management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport community service workers to various locations.
- Assist with completing reports.
- Ensure that all the maintenance (i.e. sweeping, trash pickup, limps etc.) gets completed for the day.
- Maybe asked to perform maintenance duties as assigned.
- Maintains and repairs streets by performing such tasks as patching holes with asphalt.
- Maintains and repairs drainage ditches by performing such tasks as clearing or laying pipe.
- Maintains vehicles and equipment by performing such tasks as checking antifreeze, oil, fuel and other fluid levels and conditions.
- Assists with the maintenance of grounds on municipal properties by performing such tasks as cutting grass, trimming trees, and clearing rights-of-way.
- Assists with the installation and repair of utilities equipment as needed.
- Install and replace street signage.
- Strip crosswalk and parking lots.
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED and one to three years of experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must comply with the U.S. Department of Transportation's Part 382 - Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing Policy.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Driver's License for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Knowledge of city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Skill in performing general street and lawn maintenance duties.
- Skill in performing general equipment maintenance duties.
- Skill in operating such vehicles and equipment as a pick-up truck, push and riding mower, weed-eater, chainsaw, and various hand tools.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and application with Maintenance & Equipment Operator (Req # MEWO092017-2) to Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Posting will expire April 18th.
The City of Norcross is an Equal Opportunity Employer.