Support the City of Johns Creek as Transportation Traffic Engineer and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As the Transportation Traffic Engineer for the City of Johns Creek project you will have the chance to lead a team of traffic engineers and technicians in the delivery of traffic engineering services (TES) and the development and implementation of a Traffic Management Center and associated Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) devices. Working with other members of our team you’ll direct the operations of the TES Division, serving as the City liaison on area transportation committees, and attending community meetings to represent the City in the discussion of transportation projects, issues and concerns. During your time with us you will also have the opportunity to: formulate and update division policies, procedures and standards for department operations; independently apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods and maintain an awareness of new issues, methods, equipment, trends and advances in the profession, including ITS devices, fiber optic communications and Traffic Management Center development and operations; develop, recommend and monitor the division’s budget, by reviewing past expenditures, determining future needs and assessing resources required to accomplish divisional goals, review purchase requisitions and authorize approval based upon the City’s goals and budgetary guidelines; and receive and respond to traffic and transportation concerns and issues, determine and recommend appropriate resolutions to maintain positive community/customer relations. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil or transportation engineering
• Georgia Professional Engineer’s license or ability to obtain within one year of employment
• 5 plus years of experience in traffic engineering
• Experience in the public sector
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license with no major infractions
• 10 years of experience in municipal traffic engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other employees, government officials, contractors, suppliers and the general public
• Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) experience
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position.
• Must be capable of personally driving a company vehicle in the performance of duties